My computer displays constant “Outdated Browser Detected” pop-up ads recently. All of my web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome show this pop up every time I open my web browser. I have no idea how to deal with the annoying pop-ups. I have this problem for a few days, could anyone help to remove nasty safeboot?
What is Safeboot?
Safeboot is a malware program that obstructs the normal function of Microsoft antivirus and banking security software. It belongs to Win32/Bancos family which specially made to steal users’ information. This Malware firstly attempts to hinder the proper working of antivirus and then allows Win32/Bancos associated components to attack computer vulnerabilities faster and more easily. The Malware infection often comes from installed malware, spam email and malicious website. If you visit website with malicious code or accidentally click on suspicious pop-up ads, the harmful script will write into web browser and parasite which has been integrated into application will automatically download to your desktop. Secretly, it gets into system using Internet Explorer ActiveX controls or exploiting web browser vulnerabilities. Because it can quietly get into system alongside with virus, worms, spyware or backdoors, user often don’t realize its installation and infection until the serious symptoms show out. Lots of system files and programs are infected by this Malware, your personal information including identity data, bank account information and password will be corrupt, stolen and sent to remote hacker for vicious purpose. What’s the worse, sometimes it silently installs backdoor program to monitor user activity and take over a control over a compromised computer. When you are aware of the necessity to get rid of Safeboot, you will be frustrated to find out its removal process is rather complicated as it provides no uninstall feature.
The common seen symptoms that it will lead to
It slows down Internet connection speed and wastes valuable computer resources.
It logs user activities ands steal sensitive information.
It conflicts with other software programs and affects them to run slowly.
It stores personal information and sends it to unknown remote hacker.
It modifies web browser setting and the web browser will lead you to undesired web page.
How to delete this malware as soon as possible?
Solution1 Manual method to remove malware
Step1 Reset browser settings
1. Go to the three stripes in the right top corner (menu), select Settings.
2. Scroll down to the end of the page, search for + Show advanced settings.
3. Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
4. Click Reset once more.
3. Select Finish and Mozilla Firefox will automatically restart.
Step2 Delete unneeded registry keys or values
1. Go to Start menu, click on Run.
2. In the Run box, type regedit and the Registry Editor will pop up.
3. Right click the left part of the window, select Find and find out the following registry key by typing the name into the Find box.
4. Delete it by right clicking on them and choosing Delete.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “courts” = %AppData%\p1.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor “AutoRun” = “\.exe”
Step3 Install an antivirus into system
1. Restart computer, press F8 repeatedly to bring up a menu asking how you’d like to boot the computer, and then select “Safe Mode”.
2. Open the anti-virus software on your computer. If you don’t currently have one, you can download a free one from a reliable website.
3. Perform a full system scan. Being in safe mode will allow the scan to detect and remove more infected objects.
4. Click “Remove” once the scan is complete.
Solution2 Automatic method to delete malware
Technically, manual removal of Safeboot means users need to take great risk because the complexity of computer itself and the unpredictable situation may occur while execution. For example, the accidental removal of useful files may lead to system instability, the traces of removal that remain in system produce unneeded junk files and if an incompatible file is added into system, there may be system disorder happening. Under such consideration, using an uninstaller is a better choice to remove Safeboot compared to manual methods especially for users who unfamiliar with computer configuration. Don’t wait and the sooner your computer gets rid of Safeboot, the better performance of system you will have.